Sport Clubs & Intramurals
The Intramural Sports Program at Northwestern University strives to offer its students, faculty, and staff opportunities to recreate in a fun and enjoyable way. The program provides a chance for participation in sports in an organized, competitive environment while structuring the competition along various levels of skill. Intramural Sports should be looked at as a way to enjoy sports in an unpressured and fun environment. Intramural website: www.nuim.northwestern.edu.
The Sport Club program exists to provide the NU community with a variety of opportunities for personal growth and development. The Sport Club program offers the opportunity to compete in extramural competition against other clubs, schools, colleges, and universities. NU students must comprise the majority of membership for each club and serve as club officers; however, faculty and staff may also join.
All current and past participants in club sports are encourage to fill out the following Sport Clubs survey about their experiences and how we can improve the Sport Club program to make it better for the future. Thank you.
Club Sports website: www.nuim.net/clubsports/index.php
AthletiCo would like to wish you the best of luck in your sport club seasons. If you should happen to experience any type of orthopedic injury, you are entitled to a Complimentary Injury Screening at any AthletiCo location. The nearest AthletiCo location to Northwestern University is the AthletiCo Evanston facility located at 909 Davis, Ste. 220. If you have any questions or would like to set up a Complimentary Injury Screen, call our Evanston facility at 847.733.7906.
Sport Clubs Forms :
- Troubleshooting Instructions (pdf, 9k)
- Budget Request Form (pdf, 163k)
- Data Sheet & Informed Consent Waiver Form (External Webpage)
- Facility Request Form (pdf, 44k)
- Officers List Form (pdf, 67k)
- Quarter Report Form (pdf, 75k)
- Vehicle Request Form (pdf, 112k)
Benefits of Participation:
- Learn a new sport
- Make new friends
- Compete against other university clubs or varsity teams
Student Development Opportunities:
- Sport club administration
- Program planning
- Business management
- Leadership skills
Factors Affecting Club Existence:
- Member initiative
- Financial resources
- Facility space
- Recreational clubs emphasize participation
- Instructional clubs emphasize skill development and instruction
- Competitive clubs emphasize skill development and instruction to prepare for competition with teams from other school clubs
To join, contact the president of the club in which you are interested. For additional details contact the Sport Clubs Director, Peter Parcell (firstname.lastname@example.org), 847-491-4603.